Over the past few months I found that I was spending more time and effort
rsyncing my writing directory between systems than I was actually writing blog posts, which is in part why I made so few of them. This was stupid, as it flies in the face of the whole point of using Markdown for maximum portability. Today I realized that synchronization across devices is pretty much a solved problem, and that I should probably take a look at one of the existing solutions. I ended up choosing Syncthing for its low resource usage and ease of setup on Android, Windows, and Debian.
Setup for three devices on three different OSes and setting up the fine grained sync patterns I wanted took all of fifteen minutes, including propagation time. Now the files for this blog travel with me wherever I go, so I should be able to post more often.